Spring fever is in the air for both dogs & their owners. With the weather finally warming up it is a great time to get out & enjoy the six active Dog Parks operated by the City of Saskatoon. There are plans for two more parks to open this summer!
Dog Parks that are accessible to all licensed dogs:
- Avalon – south end of Broadway Avenue;
- Briarwood – south of Wilson’s Greenhouse on McOrmond Drive;
- Caswell (open Summer 2014) – next to the Mayfair Pool;
- Hampton Village – north on Range Road 3060, near the airport;
- Hyde Park (open Summer 2014) – south end of Hyde Park adjacent to Boychuk Drive;
- Silverwood – access off Kinnear Avenue or the east end of Adilman Drive;
- Southwest – off Valley Road by the landfill; and
- Sutherland Beach – west of Central Avenue, north of Attridge Drive.
With the increase of users expected in the Dog Parks, here are a few tips to being a responsible pet owner:
- Please pick up after your dog;
- Dogs must stay ON LEASH in all areas of the City unless the area is clearly designated (signed) as a Dog Park; and
- Please be considerate & courteous to other people & children enjoying the outdoors & keep in mind that not everyone is comfortable around dogs, even friendly ones.
For more information or to see a map of the Dog Parks, please visit www.saskatoon.ca/go/dogparks
For more City of Saskatoon Public Service Announcements, News Releases, Traffic Detours & Service Alerts, visit www.saskatoon.ca