– During months of peak-usage (May – November), garbage is collected twice a week at each location on Mondays & Fridays. During the winter months, garbage is collected once a week on Mondays.
– Every three weeks, the grass at all of the Dog Parks is cut along the pathways & the fence line is trimmed.
New Initiatives For 2014
– The installation of a temporary, two-year Dog Park for Caswell Hill, located south of Mayfair . This Dog Park will be classified as a ‘Neighbourhood Dog Park’ in which residents can easily walk to from their nearby homes.
This addition was driven by a new initiative where dedicated user groups can complete an application & request a new location. The application program is catching on quickly, & will assist the Administration with determining the needs & wants of the community both at a neighbourhood & City-wide level.
– Another initiative is to provide dog waste bag dispensers at each location & will be completed Summer.
– A plan is underway to provide improvements such as additional pathways, improved fencing, additional garbage receptacles, seeding, leveling, sand/mulch filling in existing Dog Parks. These initiatives will be implemented as funding is available.
– Animal Services is currently working with the Community Services Marketing Section to improve wayfinding & site signage at all Dog Parks. The current signage could be improved to provide greater clarity & an improved, friendlier user experience.
– Animal Services is in the process of creating ‘Dog Park Ambassadors’. These Ambassadors will serve as liaisons between the City & the user groups utilizing each Dog Park. The program provides an opportunity to creatively increase awareness, ownership & responsibility at each of the locations. For more detailed information on the Dog Park Ambassador Program visit www.saskatoon.ca search “A” for Animal Services.