Mount Royal Community Fun Day
Saturday June 10th, 2017
11am to 4:30pm
Mount Royal Park next to Howard Coad School
The Mount Royal Community Association is excited to host our 5th annual community fun day event with FREE entertainment for the community. This year we’ll be celebrating CANADA’S 150TH! Please join us for birthday cake! Everybody is welcome!
Please join us for an afternoon of live entertainment, activities, food & socializing with your neighbours!
The event is free & open to the public. Everyone is welcome to attend! We hope to see you on June 10th!
- PETTING ZOO & PONY RIDES!!
- Ryan & Brian Kendall – a father-son musical duo who have their own music video
- Balloon Funn by Warren – Saskatoon’s best balloon twister
- Okami Martial Arts – live demonstration of martial arts
- Folk Dancers
Special Guests & Displays:
- Sasktel Remai Modern Art Caravan (free art-making
activities for all ages)
- SGI Safety Squad (activities & games to educate all
ages about safety issues)
- Saskatchewan Waste Reduction Council (learn how to Compost)
- Sobeys Extra Wellness Team (health & nutrition tips)
- Firetruck & members of the Saskatoon Fire Department
- Saskatoon Police Bike Patrol
- Saskatoon Council on Aging (SCOA)
- & other surprises!
Other Fun Stuff:
- Inflatable bouncing castles that your kids will love to jump in!
- Games (Giant frisbies, soccer, bean toss, bocce ball, old fashioned races, etc…)
The Mount Royal Community Association will have a garage sale table at the event to raise funds for Mount Royal community events & programs.
To donate any items, please call Larry at 306-384-3426 or 306-717-3276 & we can pick up the items at your convenience. Thank you for your donation.
- Buy 50/50 & prize raffle tickets at the event for your chance to win great prizes from local businesses (gift cards & gift baskets)
- Prizes will be drawn for at the end of the event.
- We’d like to thank all of our prize donors for their generosity & for their support of the Mount Royal Community Association.
- If you would like to contribute a prize to our Community Day event, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phoning Nicky at 306-382-1457.
Lunch – There will be a concession stand with BBQ hamburgers, BBQ hotdogs, pop, water & popcorn for sale. We’ll also have birthday cake to celebrate Canada’s 150th!
Drop-Off – We will have a designated area on the street next to Mount Royal Park where vehicles may drop off people at the closest entrance to the event. This will hopefully make it easier for people with limited mobility or with children to attend the event & not have to walk so far. There will be no parking along this small part of the street as it will be reserved as a drop-off & loading zone. This drop-off zone will be located on Avenue T North in between Howard Coad School & the Mount Royal Park (close to the intersection of Avenue T North & Rylston Road)
Parking – There is lots of free parking available on all the streets surrounding Mount Royal Park.
On-site – There will be tables & chairs to sit at while enjoying the entertainment, plus we have large tents *just in case* it rains or is really hot. (It’s hard to predict the weather in Saskatchewan!). There are washrooms available in the school.
Please let us know if you would like to volunteer at this event. Whether you can volunteer for 1 hour or 4 hours, we’d love to have your help. Some of the areas we could use your assistance are:
- Tables & chairs – help set up prior to the event (start 9:30am), help take down after the event
- Tents – help set up prior to the event (starting at 8am), help take down after the event
- Decorating – help hang up balloons & posters at event
- Barbecuing hamburgers & helping with lunch
- Activities – helping supervise an activity such as kid’s games, etc…..
Please let us know what times you are available & if you have any preference for the type of volunteering you’d like to do. We will do our best to accommodate you.
Thank you! We appreciate your help! Please contact us by email or phone at:
Phone: Nicky at 306-382-1457