(last updated March 9th, 2017)
2017 April & May Classes
- Tuesday March 14th — 7pm to 8:15pm at Howard Coad School
- Tuesday March 28th — 7pm to 8:15pm at Howard Coad School
For more information or to register:
Please email MountRoyalCommunity@gmail.com
or phone: Larry (306-384-3426)
No membership fee is required to participate in programs.
Mount Royal Community Association welcomes people from all communities.
Cost As A Barrier: If participating in our classes is not possible because of your financial status, please contact Larry (306-384-3426). We have some funds available to assist Mount Royal residents in joining a class. Inquiries are confidential.
All updates & changes in classes will always be posted here at: http://MountRoyal.info/classes/
Please note these corrections:
- NEW — Pre-School Gym Nights (free) at St. Goretti School gym on Thursday nights from 6:15pm to 7:15pm on March 16th, March 30th, April 6th & April 13th.
ADULT & TEEN CLASSES – April 2017
|2017 SPRING CLASSES |
(April & May):
|Belly Dance - Intermediate||Mondays||7 - 8 pm||April 3rd (6 classes)||Howard Coad||$35|
|Gentle Stretching & Exercise||CANCELLED|
|Photography - Aurora Lights & the Night Sky||Wednesdays||7 - 8 pm||April 5th (7 classes)||Mount Royal Collegiate - Cultural Centre||$40|
|Stretch & Tone||Tuesdays||6:45 - 7:45 pm||April 4th (7 classes)||Howard Coad||$35|
|Yoga||Tuesdays||8 - 9:15 pm||April 4th (7 classes)||Howard Coad||$40|
YOUTH CLASSES – April 2017
|2017 SPRING CLASSES |
(April & May):
|Zumba (Ages 7 to 14)||CANCELLED|
|Pre-School Gym Night||Thursday||6:15pm to 7:15pm||March 16th, March 30th, April 6th & April 13th||St. Goretti School gym||FREE|
EVENTS – Spring 2017
|EVENTS & REGISTRATION - 2017 Spring||DAY:||TIME:||DATES:||LOCATION:||COST:|
|Class Registration Night #1||Tuesday||7pm to 8:15pm||March 14th||Howard Coad||-|
|Class Registration Night #2||Tuesday||7pm to 8:15pm||March 28th||Howard Coad||-|
|Saskatoon Concert Band --- |
Celebrating Canada’s 150th Anniversary
|Saturday||7:30pm||February 4th||Victory Church, 2802 Rusholme Road||$20 adults, $10 seniors, $10 students, children under 8 are free ----- BUY ADVANCE TICKETS DIRECTLY FROM THE MOUNT ROYAL COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION call Larry at 306-384-342|
|Mount Royal Community Fun Day||Saturday||11am to 4:30pm||June 10th||Mount Royal Park (next to Howard Coad School)||FREE, VOLUNTEERS NEEDED|
|Mount Royal Clean Up Day||Saturday||in the spring||Mount Royal neighbourhood||VOLUNTEERS NEEDED, ESPECIALLY PEOPLE WITH TRUCKS|
– Learn how to shake & shimmy with ladies of all ages in this relaxing class. Students will also learn some moves using a veil.
COOKIE DECORATING (All Ages)
– Learn how to decorate 6 different cute Valentines designs. Kawaii! Must be registered by February 1st (advance registration is required so there is enough time for us to purchase supplies).
CRAFTS & DIY FOR GIRLS
– Like to make stuff? Make a variety of crafts & DIY projects. Please bring a pencil, eraser & scissors. All other supplies provided.
Gentle Stretching & Exercise
– Come for a relaxing work-out with modifications provided as needed, as well as an opportunity to socialize & meet others in your community. Our instructor will make sure that this is a safe class, no matter what level or ability you are at. Chairs are available & may be used for stability & balance.
PHOTOGRAPHY – AURORA HUNTING & THE NIGHT SKY
– Are you a “night owl”? Join photographer Colin Chatfield to learn about photographing the Northern Lights, stars, moon, Milky Way, fireworks & light painting at night (fun using glo-sticks & flashlights). Colin will share his passion for photographing the night sky, composition tips, camera equipment suggestions, & general photography tips. Beginners welcome.
Colin’s photos have been featured on the news & his photo was selected to be in the 2016 SGI Calendar.
SOBEYS WELLNESS CLASS (free)
—PACT—Partnership Against Cessation of Tobacco: This program offered by Sobeys is a pharmacist provided tobacco cessation program which offers support for tobacco users who want to quit, may be thinking of quitting or who have already quit & need support. The session will cover education, tools, strategies & tips for quitting. Date to be determined.
STRETCH & TONE
– Colette will lead you through a variety of stretching, toning exercises (ie. sit-ups, lunges, push-ups, etc..) & cardio. Gym mats are available to use.
– Join Erika for relaxing & gentle yoga in this 75 minute long yoga class.
– Perfect for everybody & every body! Each Zumba® class is designed to bring people together to sweat it on. Joanne takes the “work” out of workout, by mixing low-intensity & high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. Once the Latin & World rhythms take over, you’ll see why Zumba® Fitness classes are often called exercise in disguise. Super effective? Check. Super fun? Check & check. A total workout, combining all elements of fitness – cardio, muscle conditioning, balance & flexibility, boosted energy & a serious dose of awesome each time you leave class.
– Perfect for people who want to get some serious (core) work done. Pull up a chair & tone your entire body. Zumba Sentao® combines strength & resistance training with innovative dance moves, using a chair. A high intensity workout that focuses on defining your muscles, improving overall cardiovascular health & burning major calories in the process. Get ready for lots of arm dips & donkey kicks. Guys love this class too.
PLEASE NOTE: We would like to add some new classes. If you have any suggestions for classes or would like to recommend an instructor, please contact us at email@example.com