(last updated September 2018)
2018 Fall Classes (September to November)
Class Registration is
Tuesday September 11th, 2018
6pm to 8pm at Howard Coad School (431 Ave. T North)
For more information or to register:
Please email MountRoyalCommunity@gmail.com
- Mount Royal Community Association welcomes students from all neighbourhoods.
- No membership fee is required to participate in programs.
- Cost As A Barrier: If you’re unable to participate in a class because of the cost, please ask a MRCA Executive member about the “Cost as a Barrier” program at the registration night or email MountRoyalCommunity@gmail.com. We have some funds available to assist Mount Royal residents. Inquiries are confidential.
- If class enrollment is too low, a program may be cancelled & a refund issued.
- Please treat the facilities with respect & clean up after yourself so we can continue to use the schools. Please do not be disruptive in class or wander around the schools.
- Please Note: The MRCA program coordinator no longer contacts students individually if a class is cancelled. (Please note the Crafts & DIY class students will always be individually notified of any changes or cancellations).
Please note these corrections:
- The following classes have been cancelled:
- the FREE Health & Nutrition classes;
- Aurora Lights Photography;
- Cookie Decorating;
- Zumba Kids;
- FREE Gym Nights for Kids;
- Stretch & Tone;
YOUTH CLASSES – 2018 October to December
(Oct to Dec):
|Crafts & DIY for Girls (Age 9 to 13)||Thursdays||7 - 8:20 pm||Class Dates Are:|
Oct 4, Oct 11, Nov 8, Nov 15, Nov 22, Nov 29, & Dec 6
|Mount Royal Collegiate (Cultural Centre Room)||$20
- Space is limited. Must register in advance.
ADULT & TEEN CLASSES – 2018 September to November
|2018 FALL CLASSES |
(Sept to Nov)
|Belly Dance - Intermediate||Tuesdays||7 - 8 pm||September 18th||Howard Coad||$45|
|Gentle Stretch & Exercise (Ages 50+)||Tuesdays||7 - 8 pm||September 18th||St. Edward||$35|
|Pilates STOTT (NEW)||Wednesdays||7 - 8 pm||September 26th||St. Edward||$35|
|Social Dance (NEW)||Mondays||7:15 - 8:15 pm||September 24th||St. Edward||$50
|Yoga (with Erika)||Tuesdays||8:05 - 9:20 pm||September 18th||Howard Coad||$50|
UPCOMING EVENTS – 2018
|EVENTS - 2018||TIME:||DATES:||LOCATION:||COST:|
|Class Registration Night||6pm to 8pm||Tuesday September 11th||Howard Coad School (431 Avenue T North)|
|AGM - Mount Royal Community Association's Annual General Meeting||7pm||Monday October 15th||Mount Royal Collegiate - cafeteria||Free. All Mount Royal residents are welcome to attend.|
|April 1st, 2019||Mount Royal Community Garden||Deadline to request a garden plot in the Mount Royal Community Garden|
– Learn how to shake & shimmy with ladies of all ages in this relaxing class. Students will also learn some moves using a veil.
Crafts & DIY For Girls (ages 9 to 13)
– Like to make stuff? Make a variety of crafts & DIY projects (ie. paper crafts, sewing, painting, etc…). Different projects than last session. Please bring a pencil & eraser. All other supplies provided. Space is limited. Must register in advance.
– One night we’re having special guest instructors from “Canada Learning Code” who will walk everyone through a fun beginner tutorial on how to make their very own mini video game, which the girls can customize & play. The girls can keep playing afterwards because they’ll be using a free accessible program. Computers will be available to use at this workshop.
– If anyone else is interested in the computer night, please email Alison at MountRoyalCommunity@gmail.com
Gentle Stretching & Exercise (Age 50+)
– Come for a relaxing work-out with modifications provided as needed, as well as an opportunity to socialize & meet others in your community. Our instructor will make sure that this is a safe class, no matter what level or ability you are at. Chairs are available & may be used for stability & balance.
– Yoga with Erika. Register early for this popular class.
PLEASE NOTE: We would like to add some new classes. If you have any suggestions for classes or would like to recommend an instructor, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org